About VinBoHo boutique guest house
Since we welcomed our first guests in 2014, VinBoHo has become the preferred home away from home for many. We like to think it is because we spoil our guests and make them feel special. We also like to believe they enjoy our ‘oasis’ in Cape Town’s northern suburbs. After all, our unique boutique guest house offers more than just accommodation: it’s about an experience in fine living the South African way.
By visiting or staying with us, we give you permission to take a break, pause your hectic schedule and spoil yourself, as your wellness is not negotiable! VinBoHo guest house is ideally suited to travelling business executives, tourists and couples who seek to break away from the everyday hustle and bustle to re-energise!
VinBoHo boutique guest house is a cool, quiet and convenient retreat. Tranquil and spacious interiors open onto various outside patio areas where guests can relax and enjoy the lush garden. Our décor adds a vintage twist to the Bohemian tradition, and this has been acclaimed as exceptional and unique. Wood and crystal subtly blend with authentic French and South African culture, giving the interior a contemporary feel. Each piece is handpicked, with special attention to detail and a quirkiness that excites and inspires.
VinBoHo has also featured on Kyknet – view the video here.
Our central location between the city of Cape Town and the historic wine route towns of Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek makes VinBoHo is a perfect choice for accommodation. We are also situated on the doorstep of De Grendel Wine Estate and restaurant, and a few minutes’ drive from the Durbanville Wine Route.
Our payoff line reflects our vision: to excite, inspire and set trends. We seek to achieve this by re-energising our guests and inspiring them through our environment and hospitality to ‘pay it forward’. When our guests ‘repay’ a good deed to others, the trend is set to make the world a better place!
Our quiet lounge areas have ample electrical outlets for laptop use and are also suitable for private meetings. Games are available in the lounge for your use and we have a small library.
We also have several outdoor seating areas. Binoculars are available in our lounge for bird watching.
Sustainable boutique guest house
We understand there are others who share our planet, so we are sensitive to the environment and try our best to accommodate everyone. This means there might be beautiful bird sounds early in the morning, frogs croaking late at night and you may see the odd spider. We won’t apologise for these natural noises, and ask that you please enjoy them with us.
- Use natural light where possible. It adds warmth on chilly winter days, cuts costs and generates a desirable atmosphere.
- Turn off all outside lights at 22h00 each night. There is an LED lamp in your room in case you need it.
- Use energy-efficient LED lights and halogen energy saving globes. Motion and daylight sensors installed in our guest bathrooms further reduce energy usage.
- Grow most of our green food and flowers on the premises. The rest are sourced from other Slow Food Movement suppliers.
- Use water sparingly and let guests decide when they would like their towels to be replaced.
- Treat and reuse our grey water
- Give food waste to our worms or process it in compost buckets. This is used as compost in the garden.
- Nurture an indigenous garden. We are as proudly South African when it comes to showcasing our country’s beautiful plant life!
Our staff members are friendly, helpful, dedicated and have a great work ethic.
Some of our team have worked with us for several years. We are here to make your stay as pleasant, and welcome all feedback from our guests.